Wednesday, December 7, 2011

NEW PHASE -- REALITY TV

"Reality", not "realty", that's what I said, probably to your chagrin because my ears are ringing as you get that disdainful thought you can't help but having. I wouldn't go into "realty", as in "real estate", the housing bubble burst and it's important to move on. Trends and markets change. Business cycles. Life goes on. What I'm saying is that you should still be proud of your spec script, but accept the facts -- unless you're Tina Fey or her peer, it's not likely you'll ever sell that thing. Move on when a market dies, if it's your true passion to be employed in it.

If that hasn't cured your denial then look at the TV ratings. Who doesn't know that "You're fired!" is synonymous with "The Apprentice"? For over ten years now, a majority of amateur screenwriters have (dis)regarded reality TV with at least some deplorable comment (yet probably enthusiastically watched the supertrailers and teasers). 

If you're here to learn screenwriting, do check out this blog, my intensive research will save you time, money, and frustration. Learning the craft has enriched my life, and it just so happens, I will be using those hard-earned skills in my new venture with Reality TV, which is a genre by the way,,,I can hear your "sigh", but you can't deny, it has ruled the airwaves. I know that line was cheesy. Sell what they are buying, or watching, or at least watch me do it!

So, stay tuned as I select a mentor, make my brand (already exists), pitch it, get the elements attached (I'm a major one), and finally get on a shoot, bright lights and all! Get onboard and take this ride with me, because I've got some sliced bread to deliver right quick! I won't let you down, you're simply going to be amazed!

FADE IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I hope you can see some humor in this. If you can, please bookmark or pass it on, much appreciated.