Thursday, April 1, 2010

SCREENWRITER'S UPDATE

Hi everyone, I hope your spring has sprung by now and you're holding fast to those New Year's resolutions of three months past!

Just an update -- we did a whirlwind tour through Houston, Texas, and contracted on a house in the last few hours of the trip. I'm sure our realtor, Tiffany, was relieved, because we had almost convinced her we would never make concessions on the location and ammenities. In Houston you'll live close to town and all the good attractions and have no yard or grocery nearby, or you'll be out on the edge with a yard and a nearby Starbucks and a long commute. We settled for the latter. None of this applies if you have a half a million bucks or more to drop.

The big coincidence is that the production company I'm hoping to work with is a mere ten minutes from the house! Screenwriting friend Sarah discovered the prodco and they requested her script, so thanks to her for turning me onto them in the first place. Just when it looked like I might go back to full-time painting and teaching art, a whole new door has opened in my screenwriting realm.

Of course, having a local address is not going to open the door, but it can't hurt. I have three scripts to rewrite, plus the move, projects at this house and the new one, so I won't approach the company until late in the year.

Concerning the rewrite, if you're not a screenwriter, this process takes longer than the initial "first draft". After getting some valuable feedback you go back into the story and make necessary changes in the script. Three scripts could take me 90 days, tack on the same for the move and renos and I'm looking at October.

As for the three rescued kittens -- Comet, Donner, and Blitzen -- they're domesticated, growing fast, and part of the family, so they're going with us, bringing the total to six cats and one dog. They love running around our screened porch, snuggling, all of them rub on Caesar the dog, it's amazing. Saving those "little bits" is still the best thing I've done all year.

Even though you may have ditched one or two resolutions (who needs to work out everyday or banish carbs?), everyday takes us one step further in its own, strange, and sometimes meaningless way. To quote Britney Spears, "When I drove around in my car, I felt like I was going somewhere."

Profound, lol!

FADE IN!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your move and rewrite!
    That's one of those coiincidences again! I mean, it could have been anywhere (in the world). Now it's Houston where the prodco is. It's a sign, of some sort, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your move and everything else you have going on! You're a busy guy! :)

    I think it's super cool that you still have the truck stop kittens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wishing you all the luck in the world during these life changes. I am glad to hear that you've found a nice place to live and that you have a promising plan for where you'd like to work. How sweet that the kitties are coming along too! It sounds like they couldn't have chosen a better family to join.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I hope you can see some humor in this. If you can, please bookmark or pass it on, much appreciated.