Thursday, February 11, 2010

WTF?

Is it complacency going down here, or just a state of mind, or age? Do people actually stand up for what they believe in anymore, or just what is profitable? Do people care, or just care about what affects them? Do you give a fuck anymore, or is this my own, middle-aged state of mind as everyone goes through, questioning the midst of a journey?

A combination thereof, I assume.

In the 1980's, we bit our nails over the cold war, while enjoying excess in one of the worst mortgage circumstances ever. Nobody pulled together, we weren't out there for a cause... compared to today, we sucked more then than ever. X-S, that was it -- if you were there, try to get it, and all you could of it.

Not much has changed in 30 years.

Or maybe 3000 plus years, because Anthony and Cleopatra didn't do it much different, and they learned from their ancestors.

Maybe it's the thing of friends dropping like flies, which is weird, because flies stay around until you swat them, and even then, you miss. "Friends" are like that, you usually can't run them off -- unless you move on, then they're gone, quick. I hear a lot of that from blog friends these days -- they're astounded about the way friends come and go. I hear you, friends.

I've mailed daily with a friend for over nine years, we have seen each other only a handful of times -- actually the guy was a student in my art school and we bonded over life and business. In fact, he was here weeks ago, on his U.S. tour -- stayed a few nights, we downed wine, talked biz... a bit different than before but fine. Well, after he left we have mailed maybe twice. He's pretty bitter and "different" about life, the economy... I can relate but I can't, our lifestyles have grown apart. He'd rather spend time being hateful on Facebook than discussing new business ideas with me. See ya, bud.

Well, tomorrow the sun rises, and for some of you, that is right now. And like all the other times it has risen, it's another chance for us to do our thing. We're okay, we're still doing what we believe in, and we'll make it another day, whatever god you praise, willing.

Good luck out there, peeps!

FADE OUT!

2 comments:

  1. Just like my so-called (semi-fellow student) friend, huh?! Sooner or later everybody gets his/her a*** kicked, pal! Write it down! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes....the "fading friendships"....I've experienced some of those in the past year myself. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I hope you can see some humor in this. If you can, please bookmark or pass it on, much appreciated.