Tuesday, February 2, 2010

AVATAR - SCRIPT & TRAILER... & WHY I WON'T SEE THE MOVIE!

Can't believe your eyes, can you? No, I won't be going to see "Avatar", and I thought I'd give you ten reasons why, so here's the countdown!

#10 - Because someday I'll see it on cable, which I already pay for.

#9 - It will probably give me a headache.

#8 - We have enough conflict on Earth right now, I don't need to pay to see more of it.

#7 - The characters are a rip-off on "The Blue Man Group", same color and look, isn't there going to be a lawsuit over this?

#6 - Because it will irritate a roomful of people who are shocked that I passed on it -- "Oh man, you've GOT to see it!!" No, I don't have to, or got to.

#5 - Video games have reached a state where you can see things like this AND interact, which is much more fun, even if I don't play video games.

#4 - Effects driven films are not my thing, even if there's a good story, which is rare, but I hear it's a good story... but everyone swore I had to see "Jurassic Park" too.

#3 - In the trailer, I could tell that some of the effects are generated effects, too "video-gamey."

#2 - I like to support underdogs. James Cameron is no underdog.

#1 - Because most everyone else has seen it, and I would feel like I was blindly jumping off a bridge with the masses, going to see it "just because I have to."

Here's the AVATAR SCRIPT

Here's the AVATAR TRAILER

3 comments:

  1. #4 had the same discussion here at work today. Some said they wanna watch movies because of the great VFX... not because of its story. Poor screenwriters! They fight through all this, eventually not getting the attention they deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and I really start to dislike films that create a certain "HYPE"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As for the Blue Man Group... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLzKwTcGO_0

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I hope you can see some humor in this. If you can, please bookmark or pass it on, much appreciated.