Sunday, December 20, 2009

UPDATE -- 2010 KNOCKS ON THE DOOR!

2010 is coming up fast, time for a new set of screenwriting goals. It's been a productive year -- learning the craft, completing and marketing my first screenplay, my "How to Write a Script / Screenplay" being posted and twittered by several visitors who I am more than grateful for.

I've learned a lot about the industry in a short amount of time, it's been the most productive period of unemployment in my life. Which is just another reason for you to write your own screenplay, when times are slow, staring at the clock does no good.

So, without further delay, here's the 2010 goals --
*"How to Write a Screenplay" series -- reformat, polish, and upload as a PDF, making it easier for visitors to access and use.
*"CLUNKER" -- this is the current script I'm marketing. I set heights very high by wanting to have it in production before 2011. It's a lotto and a crapshoot, wish me luck!
*Second and third scripts -- second is in a rewrite / polish, third is a treatment right now. Both need to be finished before spring, I can do that.
*Nicholl Awards -- I'll be entering at least one screenplay by the deadline, and maybe "Blue Cat" competition as well.
*Move -- we have to get out of this place, for several reasons, most are on the sidebar at right. Possibilities are Charleston, Atlanta, Houston, or L.A.
*Job -- I need one. Should you be interested in hiring, here's what I offer --

*instruction in decorative artistry (faux finishes, murals, special plasters) and how to establish and operate your own small business. In the realm of small business and marketing, I specialize in training people to run their business on a budget directed towards a target audience that wants your product or service.

*web design -- websites, blogs, Facebook, domains, visitor analytics, search engine optimization, graphics, logos, html, flash, animations, video. Whether you need to get your product or service on the internet, or have an existing site that needs more traffic, I can design something that is easy to navigate and loads quick.

*writing -- articles about specific issues or products, proofreading of material, web moderation about any topic mentioned above, notes on your script - screenplay, script development of an idea you have.

As a whole, I'm a very disciplined and dedicated individual who can be passionate and communicative about your project, whatever it may be. I can give you a "flat rate" on anything, meaning you know how much you will be paying, up front.

Now that pitch is over, maybe you're motivated to write your own goals for 2010? Feel free to share in our comments section!

4 comments:

  1. Uhm... let me think. First of all, get my script(s) sold and secondly, which is a definite goal, start my Bachelor of Filmmaking studies in October.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping you and your lady (and your critters) have a wonderful year in 2010! I'm thoroughly hooked on your progress with the screenwriting and the move. As for my own goals, I think listing them is a great idea! Here are a few of things I'd like to get done next year:

    -Come home from our wedding/vacation in one piece.

    -Close on and move into our new house without any major setbacks.

    -Complete my final internship and graduate college in May.

    -Hopefully find a great job once I'm out of school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, move to Atlanta!!!! You should be able to find work with your background. Have you considered corporate? There are several big companies here: Home Depot Corporate, Autotrader.com, Cox Industries, CNN...etc., etc., Plus there's a lot of movie and television production in Atlanta and Georgia in general. :)

    My goal(s) for 2010 are to lose the 25 pounds I gained back after keeping them off for 2 years. :( learn to knit, grow my Super-Nanny business, and get back into yoga. I think they're all do-able. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for the posts and suggestions, glad to hear about your goals for 2010! After all, ANYTHING has to be better than 2009, or?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I hope you can see some humor in this. If you can, please bookmark or pass it on, much appreciated.