Thursday, December 3, 2009

UPDATE

Hello folks, I've been out of this loop a bit and fully absorbed in promoting my script. I've spent every day and night since Thankgiving on a guerilla campaign to get this script on the big screen.

As reported earlier, I'm up on inktip.com and prodcos are pulling up my logline in their searches. Thought: I need to shorten my logline. 2nd Thought: when you press "info" on your T.V. the logline is right before your eyes, so I've been channel surfing to check them out, good excercise.

Someone said writing the script is only 1/3 the battle, the rest is promoting it. I can firmly say that writing it turns out to be maybe ten percent of the work, because the rest of this makes writing look easy! I'm game though, I'll do everything it takes.

On the agenda: some query letters -- hey, if you happen to work for FOX SEARCHLIGHT, need any favors? Can I wash your car, paint a room or something? LOL?

AND, my guerilla campaign, which is so innovative and top secret, I can't share it until it is unleashed. It's one of a kind, never been done, and I've been meticulously planning the method since my intro to screenwriting.

Stay tuned because I promise it will deliver! It's on a thirty day plan, soon to be released!

4 comments:

  1. Never been done? Is it like the naked cowboy from New York with a sign around your neck "I got a script for sale"... but in LA : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, my wife shot that idea down! And, it won't involve flames or injury ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you send your letters to litary agents or to production companies right away?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prodcos only, Sarah, and I space them out, having noticed the difference in traffic on certain days on inktip.

    I don't expect to hear back for at least six weeks...so I'm not holding my breath, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I hope you can see some humor in this. If you can, please bookmark or pass it on, much appreciated.