Saturday, November 28, 2009

MOVIE REVIEW: 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN

Another one you have probably seen but we had to revisit it on the satellite last night. I've read the script a few times, there are some minor changes in the actual movie, mostly for the sake of expediting things or increasing drama, like main character Andy's bicycle accident at the end.

The film is sweet and has a good moral value to it, Steve Carell is fantastic in the role, of course. A Judd Apatow classic including the usuals Seth Rogen, Paul Rudd, and Jud's wife Leslie Mann, who pulls off quite a drunk chick. Romany Malco is the ultimate "playa".

NBC really cut this to pieces, and the whole "safe sex clinic" scene was chopped out, voiding Carell's wife, Nancy Walls, spot.

If you've denied yourself the pleasure, let me help unbunk a few myths -- no, it's not childish, full of poop jokes, or void of storyline. With almost 180 million dollars grossed it earns a respected slot in the annals of Hollywood film, and in your video cabinet or wherever you stash your guilty pleasures.

FORTY YEAR OLD VIRGIN ON WIKI
FORTY YEAR OLD VIRGIN SCRIPT

2 comments:

  1. I thought this movie was great!

    Just really funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my all-time favs. Yes, I'm a sucker for a funny movie, but I'm also very picky. In fact, I'm usually quite disappointed by what is passed off as being "funny", because I do believe that the story has to be worth watching as well. This movie totally delivered though, and you're making me realize how much I need to watch it again. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I hope you can see some humor in this. If you can, please bookmark or pass it on, much appreciated.