Wednesday, November 18, 2009

WINGMAN

A bit shaken here, because someone didn't know what a "wingman" is, in the 21st century dating sense. I mean, I think it gets pretty common usage on T.V. and film, I've heard it a lot of times, what better way to decribe the relationship?

Therein lies my prob, because this is going on a "one-page", a synopis, and every word counts, the space runs out real quick. I can't really think of a term in one word that serves me better than wingman.

On the other hand, maybe people are sick of the term anyway, perhaps it's been overused?

Nope.

"MILF" gets old, "cougar" is making the rounds but still not fully accepted and is evolving into "puma". "Tool", has been recently challenged: although made of metal, dumber than a bucket of sand, or a rock, a tool, such as a wrench, is a very useful item, and that's not the intent of labeling someone as such.

Dating buddy? Nah... how about "partner in crime"? Kind of, but, no..."partner"? Nooo, "partner" when speaking of two males has a totally different meaning nowadays, which is good, and why we use "wingman".

Long live the wingman!

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting, I hope you can see some humor in this. If you can, please bookmark or pass it on, much appreciated.