Wednesday, November 25, 2009

CINERGY ERROR

There seems to be a bug in the "Cinergy" program, at least occasionally. When I enter "project setup" and put my contact info in for the title page it repeats the last few letters or digits, such as

555-123-1234 234

Yep, that's the extra "234" up there.

I updated, rebooted, tried it all yet it keeps coming back. If I keep it down to four lines and leave the email address out it works fine though.

A nifty panel popped up when I went to "help" and I entered my email and asked a question. It said that during the week and regular hours my question might be answered within an hour. "Right", I thought.

Low and behold, in an hour I had a response, with the person offering to do a custom page for me from their system. I passed, not wanting to send my script, but Cinergy has impressed me, moreso than maybe Microsoft lately.

For that, they get another link, here CINERGY.

4 comments:

  1. Uhm... I'm not a big fan of those free writing softwares. I've started writing with Final Draft 8 (before 7) a week ago. It's fabs! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty impressive though, I can't tell the difference between what this program puts out vs. any produced script I pull from the web.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently downloaded their demo at www.movieoutline.com - it's cool for character development :) I'm not sure, if I'm going to buy a copy some day... but it's a great tool. Wish it was an addon for FD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good ref. They sure are in a competitive field. I am however surprised with their immediate responses, support like that can be so uncommon nowadays.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I hope you can see some humor in this. If you can, please bookmark or pass it on, much appreciated.