Monday, November 23, 2009

GEORGE CLOONEY

I mentioned the film "Up in the Air" in THIS POST. Set for a December release, they just started airing the T.V. ads for it this weekend. It was either reviewed or mentioned in my copy of "TIME" magazine, as well as Lovely Wife's "Elle."

Of course the coverage is standard for any upcoming film, whether it's good or not. The difference is this time I'm really taking notice, chomping at the bit to see this movie.

There's Oscar buzz for Clooney, many coming out of the woodwork to say it's his best acting ever. I was never a fan, probably put off by the "E.R." craze that made his name common in every household. I guess I first started taking to him with the "Ocean's" series, then I read a magazine interview with him that made me realize he's quite an "okay" guy -- never condescending to those around him and honestly tries to be his best.

Having watched him in a few more films, he might be great in "Up in the Air" because the writing is so damn good. Face it, if the writing is not moving then the actor's hands are tied.

I'm not taking away from George, nor glorifying the writers, but it's ashame he hasn't been offered better-written roles throughout his career. Sure, he has a long resume, but it will take even more to put his name in with Newman, Brando, and the bunch.

In any case, I'm dying to see it and hoping for a box office smash. If you believe there two kinds of bags for flying: carry-on, and lost, then this film might be for you.

2 comments:

  1. My man and I are also intensely interested in this film. We saw the preview, and just looked at each other with that "we've GOT to see it" look on our faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, I read the script, which is great and so far it seems pretty tight with it. Enjoy! December 4th opening.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I hope you can see some humor in this. If you can, please bookmark or pass it on, much appreciated.