Thursday, December 24, 2009

X-MAS X 2?

We should do Christmas more often. I'm not one for out of season, pre-Christmas sales, I still don't understand where it became "law" to announce all the deals and start decorating on Thanksgiving, but to those who enjoy it, fine. And by every New Year's, I'm quite over Christmas, "out with the old, in with the new", we need to move on.

But as for Christmas eve, and the day itself, I'm all for it. People slow down and think, for once. They take inventory of what's important or special. Many reach out and do kind acts. Volunteers across the country feed the homeless, donate gifts and goods to needy children.

I'm all for Hannukah, Kwanzaa, Ramadan -- anything in the season with people celebrating, making a sacrifice, reflecting on things -- it's just plain good for the human spirit, and I hope other rites and religions continue to gain exposure as time goes by, it's interesting, and we can always stand to learn from others.

Christmas is film day! That means "Up in the Air" goes nationwide! I've never spent Christmas in the theater, so this will be a first. It's been a long wait, and the film has gotten several nominations and rave reviews. Clooney will definitely be enjoying his Christmas, if he celebrates.

Whatever you celebrate, whatever you do, I wish you a "merry" moment... let's maybe schedule one of these next summer as well?
;-)== "Ho-ho-ho!"

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas wishes!!! : )
    Alles Gute, Frohes Fest und einen Guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I hope you can see some humor in this. If you can, please bookmark or pass it on, much appreciated.