Sunday, August 30, 2009

RETURN FROM VACATION ISLAND

INT. SCREENED PORCH - MORNING

Brian has just returned from one week at Edisto Island. The tip of his ring finger, bandaged, victim of an incident at the beach. He types on the Dell laptop.

BRIAN (V.O.)
It was a wonderful week at Edisto with my lovely wife and the "Three Cats and a Dog" cast.

CUT TO:

MONTAGE:

a) We see the family packed into the van, Caesar the dog trying to get in the front seat to "drive" as Brian protests.
b) Brian is trying to coax the cats out from under the bed at the vacation rental.
c) On the beach, he CLAPS down the umbrella, finger bleeding, wincing in pain.
d) Brian and his lovely wife are soaked in sweat, cleaning up the rental.
e) The family drives back for five hours, looking beat.

INT. SCREENED PORCH - MORNING

Brian reminisces and smiles.

BRIAN (V.O.)
Don't get me wrong, it was really a great time, but vacation can be a lot of work! I did, however, spend a lot of my mornings writing the script, formatting, polishing. And I got a few new ideas for screenplays.

None of which I will share, lol.

Being so far removed from civilization, I was really able to analyze the Hollywood thing. I have some new ideas in that realm, my primary focus being budgetary, and how to tag something to my script to get it to the top of the pile, or at least keep it out of the circular file.

We returned to a stack of newspapers, magazines, and mail, in that order. It's funny to go through a week of newspapers and watch developments, it's like a real-life montage. And, it's more work, but I need to stay in the loop, eh?

So, this is that landmark moment, the one referred to as "when I get back from vacation I wanna..", the time where thoughts turn into action, there's no running from it.

But there's a lot of recorded stuff on the satellite: Entourage, International House Hunters, The Soup, The Dish, Moto GP racing.. it's going to take a bit to catch up.

And low and behold, there's still a lawn outside this screen, if there's one thing that hasn't changed it's the crabgrass. Phooey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I hope you can see some humor in this. If you can, please bookmark or pass it on, much appreciated.