Tuesday, August 18, 2009

SENT TO THE CLEANERS

INT. SCREENED PORCH - MORNING

Brian sits at his LAPTOP, looking at REAL ESTATE in LOS ANGELES.

BRIAN
Okay, somewhere on this map there is a producer or studio looking for my script, I just have to find which one!

CUT TO:

EXT. LOS ANGELES STREETS - DAY

Brian criss-crosses L.A. in his VAN, stack of SCRIPTS on the passenger seat.

TITLE OVER:
L.A., SUMMER, 2010

BRIAN
Where in the hell is PARAMOUNT? I swear that receptionist was trying to mislead me with bad directions..

GPS
(filtered)
Turn RIGHT in FIFTY METERS.

BRIAN
What the..

Cars HONK as Brian tries to get into the RIGHT LANE. He holds a copy of the SCRIPT out the window, as to signal that he is LOST and trying to find a STUDIO.

ASSININE DRIVER #1
(laughing)
This guy is surrendering a script, look at his white flag! Must be from France!

Brian overtakes a SMART CAR to get in the lane.

SMART CAR DRIVER
Gas guzzler mini-van, freaking soccer mom!

GPS
(filtered)
Turn RIGHT.

Brian pulls a SHARP RIGHT, sending the pile of SCRIPTS into his LAP.

BRIAN
Son-of-a...

GPS
(filtered)
Destination is THIRTY METERS, on the RIGHT.

BRIAN
This a a freaking neighborhood!

Brian pulls forward to see the SIGN for PARAMOUNT DRY CLEANERS.

BRIAN
You're kidding me? Man, I'll never make this appointment..

CELL PHONE
(ringing)
!!!

BRIAN
(answers)
Hello?

EXECUTIVE
(filtered)
Brian? Where are you?

BRIAN
Umm, sir, I'm lost, sorry sir, I tried to...

EXECUTIVE
(filtered)
Are you at the cleaners?

BRIAN
(astounded)
How did you know?

EXECUTIVE
(filtered)
Think I was going to let a rookie in here without having him pick up my dry cleaning first? HA!

BRIAN
Oh.

FADE OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I hope you can see some humor in this. If you can, please bookmark or pass it on, much appreciated.